We respect your privacy and process your personal information only for the purpose for which you have provided them and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Telecommunications Act.
1. Company data
Company Name: MARUG
Registration number KvK: 40025692
VAT number: NL805258036B01
2. Email Address
a. We may, in the context of a closed agreement, make offers of similar products and services, provided that you have not registered any resistance in providing this. The ability to file a resignation is stated at the time of providing your information. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to oppose the use of your e-mail address under the same conditions.
b. When collecting your e-mail address for reasons other than in the context of a closed agreement, this will not be used for the transfer of unsolicited communications if you have not given permission.
3. Phone number
We do not use your phone number for commercial purposes.
4. Other personal data
Other personal data we process only (through cookies, reading peripherals or otherwise) if:
- the data processing is necessary for:
- the execution of an agreement you have entered into (this includes sharing student numbers and email addresses of MARUG Members with the EBF to ensure MARUG Members are students at the University of Groningen and are EBF member as indicated in section 1.7 of the internal regulations of the MARUG);
- the proper implementation of a public-law task;
- the execution of our legitimate interest (unless your interest or fundamental rights and freedoms prevail over this interest), or;
- you have given permission for processing when collecting this.
We will, in any case, keep your data no longer than necessary for processing the purposes for which they were collected.
5. Special personal data
The information collected is used internally and is not passed on to other organizations.
6. Transferring and receiving data security
We have introduced the necessary security measures to prevent the loss, unlawful use or change of information we receive on our site. In case of a Data Security Breach, the MARUG is obliged to report this breach within 48 hours to her members.
7. Security data storage
Safety criteria: we take technical and organizational measures to counteract data loss or unlawful processing (such as attacks). We therefore guarantee an appropriate level of security and periodically test our site. The MARUG has signed a processor agreement with both Genkgo and Google that matches the GDPR.
8. Access to your data
Upon request, we inform our visitors of our website about the personal data processed by them. Any incorrect data may be improved, supplemented or deleted. Only the current MARUG Board has access to all personal data. Committees of the MARUG can only access data that they need for the organisation of their event, and that has been provided by a participant that completed the participation process. If you wish to access this information, or if you wish to improve your personal information, please contact us at the address below.